SUP Yoga and WPA Certification Training Registration Opens
Want to learn more about paddle technique and water safety? Want to take the next step toward teaching SUP yoga or other SUP classes on the water? You’re in luck. You can earn your World Paddle Association Class 1 and SUP Yoga certification at Nashville Paddle Co.’s new-and-improved two-day certification and training program. Registration is open for the May 21, 2016 and May 22, 2016 program.
- How to sequence a yoga class for all levels of students on a board
- How to cue and demonstrate yoga poses during a class
- Tips on growing your classes and resources when starting a business
- Basic water rescue techniques
- Best practices for paddling techniques
- How to convey safety for groups and individuals on the water
- Effective ways to teach in front of a group
This two-day teacher training, designed by Liz Vehyl, E-RYT-500, WPA Class 2, is a great way to take your yoga teaching to the next level…on the water. Successful completion of this comprehensive workshop will give you both your World Paddle Association, Class I certification as well as essential SUP Yoga instruction skills.
Once you have your certification, you’ll be in a better position to safely and confidently expand your SUP yoga classes in our own city. Nashville Paddle Co. can provide board, paddle and PFD discounts for yogis looking to start or expand their own SUP Yoga programs in their home cities.
Cost is $495. Not interested in yoga? The one-day WPA-only portion training is $295 (deduct $35 from either training if you are bringing your own board, paddle and PFD; use the special discount code BYOBWPA when booking online).