Calming Your Mind with Happy Go Yogi
Nashville Paddle Co is thrilled to partner up for an extremely unique event. Vickie Martin of Happy Go Yogi, will be joining us on the water to lead an hour of Kundalini SUP Yoga and Meditation — nothing too unusual for us yet — and then after, she’ll move to a quiet place on the shore for a 30min Sound Bath with gongs and crystal singing bowls.
What is a Sound Bath? Malbert Lee, a Hong Kong-based Crystal Bowl and Gong Master, says vibrations are especially useful for healing the body. “The adult body is 75% water, and water is a great conductor for sound vibration,” he notes. “When vibrations travel through the body, they promote circulation, energy flow, and rejuvenation. The frequency of the sound synchronizes with the brainwaves and activates de-stress responses in the body. You remain in a relaxed and supported position on the back for the majority of the session. Simply be present, take in the vibrations and experience the experience.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK: Kundalini SUP Yoga + Sound Bath, 6pm August 5
15m Paddle Lesson + 1hr SUP Yoga + 30m Sound Bath
Many of us have trouble shutting out the world when trying to meditate. We asked Vickie for her tips on making the process easier…
TOP 5 TIPS FOR CALMING THE MIND:
- Sit up straight, lean back , shoulders level with your hips . This allow the breath to circulate and takes pressure off your organs.
- Breath in slowly through your nose, exhale gently through your nose.
- Close your eyes. Now roll them up about a 1/4 of an inch above the bridge of the nose between your brows . Holding this eye position slows down the thoughts causing you to slip into a meditative space quicker and easier
- Smile 😊. You release endorphins from the brain when you smile . Dopamine.
- Be proud of yourself for offering yourself such beautiful self love. There’s no higher form or expression of love than self care.
ABOUT VICKIE MARTIN: Since 2013, Vickie has dedicated herself to expanding her healing gifts:
KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher, Certified Level 3 Reiki Master, Sadhna (morning practice) Leader, Group Meditation Leader, Ceremonial Cacao Facilitator, Sound Healer