Ready to learn more about paddle technique and water safety? Want to take the next step toward teaching SUP yoga or other SUP classes on the water? You’re in luck! You can earn your World Paddle Association Class 1 and SUP Yoga certification right in Music City! Nashville Paddle Co.’s new-and-improved two-day certification and training program. Registration is open for the August 20, 2016 and August 21, 2016 program.
- How to sequence a yoga class for all levels of students on a board
- How to cue and demonstrate yoga poses during a class
- Tips on growing your classes and resources when starting a business
- Basic water rescue techniques
- Best practices for paddling techniques
- How to convey safety for groups and individuals on the water
- Effective ways to teach in front of a group
Once you have your certification, you’ll be in a better position to safely and confidently expand your SUP yoga classes in our own city. Nashville Paddle Co. can provide board, paddle and PFD discounts for yogis looking to start or expand their own SUP Yoga programs in their home cities.
Cost is $495. Not interested in yoga? The one-day WPA-only portion training is $295 (deduct $35 from either training if you are bringing your own board, paddle and PFD; use the special discount code BYOBWPA when booking online).
Certification is held at Nashville Paddle’s boathouse on Percy Priest Lake. Class size is limited and registration is now open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.